Sunday, November 16, 2008

radio its shady-yo

i babysat today.  one of my favorite things about babysitting is that its my big chance to watch all the movies i've been wanting to see, but have been to embarrassed...like camp rock and high school musical.  today, i watched high school musical 2 and loved every minute of it!!  we also watched a few episodes of little house on the prairie.  gosh i love that show.  it was so refreshing and really highlighted just had awful my favorite shows are (like gossip girl).  i also love that laura and mary (from the little house) always wear night hats when sleeping.  i need to find one of those on ebay or something.  or better yet, reinvent one and make millions.  i like to sleep with my hair down but hate it when i have hair in my face.  a sleeping hat could solve all my problems.  my college roommates can attest to the fact that i need some hair solution other than my current plastic barrettes that i use to hold back my bangs.

i absolutely love german radio stations...well the ones that play american music anyway.  they play all my favorite songs that i've forgotten about in the past 22+ years.  AND i almost always know all the words to the song!  some of my favorites over the past few days have been
-lionel richie- hello (please watch the youtube video for this.  halarious.
-kid rock- picture
-the police- every breath you take
-shaggy- it wasn't me
-bon jovi- livin on a prayer
-susanne vega- toms diner
-billie myers- kiss the rain

the only bad part about german radio (besides the fact that i don't know german) is that they will turn off a song so that they can air the traffic report.  i mean, i will be in the middle of singing my heart out to mariah carey song, and the dj straight up turns it off.  

i also wanted to take this moment while i have your attention to brag about the shutters on my room windows.  they actually open and close!  boo yah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They can't be the cutest empty nesters ever.... that would be your dad and me!
Love you!

Kenny B said...

glad you can catch up on movies while you are babysitting...im only bitter cuz my time consists of getting los tweems on the potty every 20 minutes for potty training