Friday, November 7, 2008

don't be a bumpkin- go eat pumpkin!

i just wanted to alert everyone about the goodness of pumpkin.  a long, long time ago, when i was in the 2nd grade, i ate pumpkin seeds and threw up.  this obviously scarred me as a child and caused pumpkin anything to repulse me.  a few weeks ago, i decided it was time to try a pumpkin product again, 15 long years after my incident.  it started with a tiny bite of someones pumpkin pie.  it was one of those euphoric moments when heaven touches earth.  i went and got my own piece.  the next day, someone else made pumpkin pie, so i ate it...and i loved it.  the next day, meaghan (the girl i live with) made pumpkin bread.  i had a few slices of that.  i now have a craving for pumpkin stuff that can never be quenched.  i've had pumpkin cake, pumpkin scones scones are my 2nd favorite food), pumpkin brochen (a german type of roll) and cannot wait to have more.  i urge you, my readers, to not let an upset stomach 15 years ago alter what you eat today.

No comments: