Wednesday, November 5, 2008

entschuldigung

after my e-mail was flooded with all my fans requesting another blog, i have at last come to post another blog.  i have a hard time writing something unless i have a good title to go along with it.  so, this title will be unoriginal and uncool.

i went to the states last week for sweet shelby's wedding.  being the smart, frugal girl (my daddy didn't raise no fool) that i am, i decided that flying air canada would be the best route.  unfortunately, i didn't realize that calgary was west canada- like above washington state.  i have shamed my dad's cartography business; i certainly did not inherit his map skills.  so, this is how it panned out:

nurnburg- frankfurt- 1 hour
frankfurt- calgary- 9.5 hours
calgary- houston- 4 hours

in order to save $100, i sacrificed 6 hours of my life.  i also ran in every airport to make my flight.  good thing some one taught me to say "excuse me" in german.

i love lufthansa airlines.  i took it on my first flight and felt like i was in a dance club. there were neon lights and sky lights.  well, they weren't really skylights but they looked like it.  the carpet resembled that of a carnival cruise.  AND there was some bumpin music.  party.

during my last flight to nurnburg, i sat next to a harry potter look alike.  it was a happy flight.

i had the best time at home.  my mom took off work which was so fun.  we got pedicures and shopped.  i got to spend tons of time with my family, including my precious nephew.   i got to see 2 good friends from high school and tons from college.  the wedding was perfect, shelby was a beautiful bride, and i got to cut a rug on the dance floor.  i especially loved this wedding because i feel as though i've had a front row seat throughout their entire relationship. i just love love.

things i missed about america in no particular order:
1. garbage disposals
2. chick fil a
3. mexican food (i had it 5 times)
4. my friends and family (obviously)
5. watching tv on their network's websites
6. malls
7. my car or even having A car
8. book stores

things i don't miss about america in no particular order:
1. liter
2. construction
3. commercials
4. radio stations
5. fast paced lifestyle

speaking of america, i feel like the worst american ever.  my absentee ballot was returned to me.  wrong address.  i guess every vote doesn't count.

No comments: